Chelsea seek Real Madrid duo Eden Hazard and Ferland Mendy

0

The summer transfer window was unlike any other; check out all the major offers and find out how we ranked the biggest signings. And just because the window is closed until January doesn’t mean the rumors won’t continue. Here are the latest gossip and speculation.

TOP STORY: Chelsea are interested in Hazard’s return

Chelsea are interested in a double blow for the Real Madrid duo Ferland mendy and Edenic danger, according to El Nacional.

The Blues reportedly made a € 40million offer for left-back Mendy this summer, which was later turned down by the LaLiga club. Chelsea are believed to be set to return for the France international with an increased bid, while Los Blancos will not listen to anything below the 60 million euro mark.

The 26-year-old joined Real Madrid from Lyon in 2019 for € 48million and has made 71 appearances at the club since joining. However, president Florentino Perez is said to be willing to let the full-back go and find a suitable replacement for the right offer.

As for Hazard, a return to Stamford Bridge could be considered. The winger left the Blues in 2019 for more than 100 million euros. Since then he has struggled to impose his authority at the Bernabeu, often hampered by injury issues.

According to the report, the hierarchy has lost patience with the Belgium international due to Vinicius Junior’s form, as well as a reported plan to sign Kylian Mbappé at the end of his contract with Paris Saint-Germain.

While Chelsea would not close the door on a return for Hazard, there are apparent doubts about the wide player but they believe he has a future and could be tempted by the right contract structure.

– ESPN + Guide: LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup, more (US)
– Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN + (US only)
– You don’t have ESPN? Access immediately

LIVE BLOG

10.46 BST: Celtic coach Ange Postecoglou declined to be drawn on the assumption he would attempt to sign the Japanese forward Daizen Maeda in January, but said he hoped for a transfer window “less” chaotic “than his first at the club.

Celtic signed nine players this summer as Postecoglou took over from Parkhead, including Japan international Kyogo Furuhashi who has already scored nine goals in 13 appearances for the Bhoys this season.

Maeda, 24, of Yokohama F. Marinos, has been linked with a reunion with Postecoglou at Celtic, but the former Australia coach told reporters he could neither “confirm or deny” the information.

“We are looking to strengthen the squad in January and we will,” he said. “We have started this process, but the difference is that we are in no rush.

“Whatever business we do in January, it won’t be as chaotic as it was in the last window. But an extremely important part of getting players here is understanding their mindset and whether they can handle it. .

“I was confident with someone like Kyogo. I knew him very well about Japanese football. I knew his background and asked enough people about his personality to know he would do well.

“It’s part of the process, especially when you talk about bringing people in in January when they’re going to have to get down to business.

“These are the things we will be looking at, not just their playability but also their personality.”

09.51 BST: Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Harry winks says he will have to look elsewhere to get his career back on track if he can’t play football regularly at his childhood club.

Winks have only made two appearances for Spurs this season in the Premier League and were part of the second team that lost 1-0 to Vitesse Arnhem in the Europa Conference League on Thursday.

“Look, I love Tottenham, I’ve always said it clearly, but I want to play football on a regular basis,” he said. “The only way you can play your best football and gain momentum is to play regularly.

“I give my all for the club, of course. They stayed by my side, I stayed by their side and I want to play for Tottenham. But it’s hard when you only get games here and there. Confidence is low and you don’t get this series of games.

“I don’t think so far. I have a lot of games left to try and fight for the club. It’s important that we all stay in the same frame of mind, the same thinking process and we see.

“There is a long way to go, two more months to go [until January] and it’s about getting down on your knees, working as hard as you can and having no regrets.

“When the time comes I will have a conversation, but for now it is important that the team and the manager focus on the next game and are not distracted by me.”

09:00 BST: Chelsea boss Thomas Tuchel has tried to play down speculation about a move to Erling Haaland and said he “fell into a trap” by joking about the prospect of teaming up with Borussia Dortmund striker in attack with Romelu Lukaku.

The 48-year-old gave an interview to SportBild this week after winning the German newspaper’s Coach of the Year award, confirming his team had considered signing Haaland, who ESPN sources say wants 30 million pounds a year salary for his next move. , during the summer and that the Chelsea boss would have “no problem” pairing him with Lukaku.

Tuchel’s comments are said to have sparked a furious reaction from Dortmund, who may resign themselves to losing Haaland next summer given he has a € 75million release clause that becomes active at the end of the season. with a host of big clubs including Bayern Munich, Real Madrid and Manchester City monitoring the situation.

“I fell into a trap,” Tuchel said. “I received an award in Germany. I received an award from a newspaper and they asked me about a player.

“Normally I never, ever talk about other players because I just never, ever do. Then we didn’t care more or less. I should have known that because [I was] laugh at that and be a nice guy and answer a question instead of “no, I don’t want to answer a question”.

“Getting that award and I’m joking about a double striker with Romelu in October, then it’s like we made an offer. That was the context but okay I should have known better.”

TRADE PAPER

– Bayern Munich push FC Salzburg forward Karim adeyemi, according to Sport1. The 19-year-old has impressed the Austrian side, scoring three goals and assisting once in three Champions League appearances. The report also claims that any movement depends on the future of Kingsley coman, whose contract runs until 2023.

– West Ham United are linked with transfer for Clermont Foot striker Mohamed bayo, according to the journalist Ekrem Konur. The 23-year-old has scored five goals and two assists in nine Ligue 1 appearances this season and has been linked with the London club, looking for a striker to rival Michail Antonio.

– Chelsea defender Antonio rudigerThe priority is to stay with the London club, but an agreement on a new agreement is “far from being found”, according to the journalist Fabrice Romano. The 28-year-old is out of contract this summer and has been linked with several clubs, but the Germany international is currently in talks with the Blues over an extension.

– Seven clubs plan to move for Leicester City midfielder Yuri Tielemans, who is expiring in 2023. According to Calciomercato, Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester United, Bayern Munich, Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid and Juventus are all watching the Belgium international.

– Real Madrid striker Karim Benzema hopes to someday play for David Beckham’s Major League Soccer team, Inter Miami CF, according to El Nacional. The France international was out of contract this summer, but recently signed a new deal with Los Blancos keeping him there until 2023. The 33-year-old has previously stated his desire to play in the United States.



Source link

Share.

Comments are closed.