The Switch version of 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim includes all sorts of Destruction RTS rebalances and two new weapons for each Sentinel pilot.
The Switch version of 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim contains 28 new weapons, which translates into two new gadgets for each pilot. As each armament is unique, Pilots and Sentinels are even more specialized in roles and tasks.
13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim on Switch rebalanced the Destruction battle mode. This results in some core abilities of the PlayStation 4 version being weaker or slower. This can make new weapons stand out even more as great alternatives.
Unlocking new weaponry can cost a lot of Meta Chips. Players will want to get a head start on the currency by playing Souvenir mode first. Also, once in Destruction, spend the initial tokens on multipliers for the upcoming battle instead of directly on weapons.
Purchase new weaponry in 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim
Switch armaments in 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim are locked behind weapons that were available in the PlayStation 4 version. Players will need to upgrade the Meta System to at least level 3, which will allow higher level weapons to be upgraded to +4. Progress is displayed by a row of blue rectangles; when all four are filled, the new weapon will unlock without further expenditure of Meta Chip.
Ogata’s new tools are quite situational in 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim. Hyper Condenser and Demolisher Blade remain his strongest armaments. Players should consider building Sentinel 10 around high-risk, high-risk situations.
- High performance charger: EMP attractor +4 (Meta System level 2). Passive, defense speed increases and more EP is recovered.
- Wide Range Suppression Flares: Anti Ground Multi-Lock Missiles +4 (Meta System level 6). Launch rockets in a massive spread that slows Kaiju down.
Hijiyama is still the toughest tank of any pilot in 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim. Optimized actuators will help him traverse the battlefield even if other movement abilities are on cooldown. While having a Demolisher Blade hitting air units sounds great, EMP Surrounding is still more practical in most fights.
- Optimized actuators: Leap Attack +4. Passive, improves movement before an attack by 30%.
- Anti-Air Demolisher Blade: Demolisher Blade +4. A Demolisher Blade that only hits air units.
Sekigahara is good at taking out large groups of enemies on the ground in 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim. Hurricane Rush can even deal enough damage to replace Sentinel 11’s default Demolisher Blade. Combine the new weapons with the Forced Cooling Device to easily recharge the front lines.
- Hurricane Rush: Rush attack +4. Attack all enemies around the Sentinel.
- Anti-Surface Missile Barrage: Anti Ground Multi-Lock Missiles +4 (Meta System level 6). Fires focused missiles that focus on the primary target.
In the Switch version of 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim, Kurabe is now better placed to fight at close and medium range. However, Sentinel 13’s melee attacks are single-target, making it a good way to destroy powerful bosses like Hi-Quads and RPFs. We should leave big groups for others Edge of the aegis drivers to clean.
- Arm-Mounted Armor-Piercing Cannons: Arm-mounted machine guns +4. Machine guns that ignore armor but cost EP.
- Elite Plasma Cutter: Plasma Arc Fusion Cutter +4 (Meta System level 10). Deals incredibly high damage to a single target.
Fuyusaka now focuses more on ranged attacks in 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim. Still, her assortment of various drones makes her mostly a support character. Players will want to arm Sentinel 15 with either a Shield Emitter or a Repair Emitter to keep the team safe.
- Multi-Rocket Remote Launchers: Multiple rocket launchers +4. Higher damage rocket launchers that hit farther.
- Plasma Demolisher: Plasma Arc Fusion Cutter +4 (Meta System level 10). Releases a short wave of plasma that hits multiple enemies.
Shinonome has more options for battlefield control. Despite the balance changes, she is one of the few pilots who can use the Sentry Guns well. This is mainly because Hyper Condenser is a big investment in Meta Chip.
- Cyber attack missiles: Multiple rocket launchers +4. Fires low-damage missiles that take control of the hit Kaiju.
- Anti-ground salvo: Anti-Ground Piercing Rockets +4 (Meta System level 5). Fire missiles in a giant circle around the Sentinel.
Sentinel 17 puts more emphasis on forward loading. It’s because of Minami’s level 10 skill Warm-up run which increases damage after moving. This ability can turn Wide Range Railgun into a very devastating attack.
- Precision machine guns: 6 x Multi-Launch +4 Rapid Cannons. Cannons with extended range and ignoring armor, but lower base damage.
- Long Range Rifle: Main Battery Heavy Railgun +4. Short range but extremely wide version of the standard railgun.
Many of Miura’s new weaponry often require being in an unfavorable situation already. It’s usually best to give Sentinel 19 some of its more powerful weapons, such as Missile Rain and Super Large Missile. These attacks are high in EP and may require frequent defending.
- Long Range Bombardment: Anti Air Bombardment +4 (Meta System level 2). Hits both types of targets in front of the sentry.
- Long Range EMP Missile: EMP Stunner +4 (Meta System level 3). Fires a single long-range but weak missile that stuns enemies.
Sentinel 16 can now use very powerful missile attacks. Unlike Ogata, High Performance Charger can help Kisaragai with his high EP attacks. This means she will hit with more frequency than other long-range pilots.
- Very long range missile: Long range missile +4. Fires double the number of missiles at a higher EP cost.
- High performance charger: Anti-Ground Hunter Missile +4 (Meta System level 6). Passive, defense speed increases and more EP is recovered.
Yakushiji’s Switch weapons allow for massive area damage, perhaps enough to finish off some Kaiju bosses. With so many great weapon choices, players will need to drop at least one of Forced Cooling Device, Hyper Condenser, and Shield Matrix. This can make Sentinel 23 less favorable than its allies.
- High energy pulse laser: Arm-mounted pulse laser +4. Fires lasers in a wider range but costs EP.
- Multi-Lock Armor-Piercing Missiles: Multi-lock missiles +4. Fires weaker but more all-out missiles that also overcome armor.
Takamiya is now the undisputed master assassin of 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim. Quad Leg Spike is powerful enough to rival the melee attacks of Generation 1 and 2 Sentinels. Her melee prowess further improves at level 15 when she learns the brawling prodigy skill.
- Quad Leg Spike: Leg point +4. Perform four piercing melee attacks in a row.
- Active cooling device: Matrix Shield +4 (Meta System level 3). Reduces allies’ current action wait time by 50%; no effect if the pilot can currently perform an action.
Gouto is now a clear battlefield commander and the teleport field is an incredible tool to reposition the team for the offense or retirement. He is one of the few pilots willing to take interceptors for extra damage.
- EMP peaks: Leg Spike +4 (Meta System level 2). Very low damage area of effect attack that stuns heavily.
- Teleport Field: Gravity Missile +4 (Meta System level 6). Teleports allies within range to Gouto.
Amiguchi’s Switch armaments allow him to deal high damage while staying at a distance from the enemy in 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim. It may seem like Point Lock Missile is a new best overall attack. However, his level 15 skill Easily bored means players will inflict more damage by constantly changing tactics.
- Point Lock Missiles: Multi-lock missiles +4. Launch less damaging forward missiles that also decrease Kaiju’s movement.
- Optimized generator: Shield Repair +4 (Meta System level 6). Passive, increases damage and range of all attacks, but increases EP cost by 50.
Next: 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim Switch Review – Sublime Story & Strategy
13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim is available on Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4.
Spider-Man 2099 would solve one of the biggest pain points in Marvel games
About the Author